Friday, March 13, 2009

Mark-To-Market

Failed bankers are now bringing a request to Congress to get rid of mark-to-market pricing for their assets.  They claim the real financial crisis is driven by accounting rules forcing them to put their assets on their books at real prices, not at the inflated prices from when the bubble was in full stretch.  

Sounds like a great idea and not just for bankers.  My kids want to use old grades if they get some bad new ones.  My wife wants to count the dinner she made last night and not cook tonight.  If she does cook, I want to count the cleaning I did last night so I can avoid cleaning tonight.   

At least now that bankers are flush with taxpayer money, it may be time for me to get a big loan. Naturally, I want to count the salary I used to make and the assets I used to have as collateral. Sound fair boys?  If it works for you it can work for me.  And think of how it will help your golf game.  Always use whatever was your best score historically.  In fact, take your particular best shots on a course, played over a series of years, you'll be a virtual Tiger Woods.

This could get fun.  I can't wait to try it in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment